Friday, October 24, 2014

The Rest of the Story



Isaiah 53:5 says, "...and with His (Jesus') stripes, we are healed".   The stripes were the marks whipped deeply into Jesus' flesh before He was hung on the cross.  He allowed this knowing full well how much it was going to hurt.  His love for us was, and is, stronger than fear and pain.  So when I get sick, I claim my belief in what Jesus did.  For most of my life, I've experienced the proof of this scripture, but it wasn't until recently that I've fully understood what it means.  It's all become quite clear to me that Jesus heals us through many avenues.  Yes, there is supernatural healing, but He's also given wisdom to people to become doctors, to create medicines, to discover how important exercise, drinking water, and good nutrition all are to the healing process.  He's shown us how stress affects our health, and how faith in God's promises, like Isaiah 53:5, shows us which avenue to choose for our healing.  

Last week's post was a sad one.  I had been looking for a miracle for my loved one; her situation seemed hopeless.  I couldn't see with my earthly eyes what God could see from Heaven.  He showed doctors what medicines would work for my loved one, and the change in her is like that of day and night.  Today, I'm here to say that she has come home!  Praise God.

Sea glass pendants are an example of making something beautiful out of something broken.  When we are broken, we need to have faith that God wants to heal us.

No comments:

Post a Comment