Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tuesday's Mistaken Ones

My Lake Michigan Rock Picker's Guide was a big help today.  It showed me that a couple of my treasures were mistakes.  I thought the quirky-looking rock that was covered in holes was a stink stone.  To test this, all I needed to do was put it in a bag and whack it with a hammer.  If it smelled like rotten eggs, then it contained hydrogen sulfide and would, indeed, be a stink stone.  Needless to say, once broken, there was no odor of any kind.  So much for that!

Next, I had thought the tiny orange stone might be jasper, but it ended up not matching the example photo.  Oh, well.  I like it anyway.  Same goes for the not-so-stinky one.  I like them every bit as much as the Petoskey stone, pipe organ coral, lightning stone, crinoids, and beach glass.

Today's Inspirational Verses  from Psalm 25:8 and Ephesians 2:10a
The Lord is good and does what is right; He shows the proper path to those who go astray.
For we are God's masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment