Friday, January 24, 2014

Two Months Later

The wind is whipping.  Globs of drifted snow are sticking to the north and east-facing windows of our home.  My husband and I, while grateful for the warm furnace air, find ourselves mentally picturing dollar signs with wings on them flying out of the air ducts.  It's been two months since my "final" post, but the unusually harsh Michigan winter has kept me stranded, so the urge to create new pictures has resulted in hours of experimenting with driftwood and beach glass.  This one, titled "Whale on Top",  makes me chuckle as I think back on how I used only the natural light coming through a window on our upstairs landing.  If you've ever seen a "white out" caused by snow during the daytime, then you know how bright it is.  This new composition is a combination of summer treasures and winter snowlight.  I hope you like it.  My intentions are to begin posting again, once a week with all new pictures.  Thanks for visiting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment