Thursday, April 17, 2014

New Life

After one of the longest winters I've ever experienced, life has begun to replace the boring look of sameness that was behind my house on the football field.  Instead of the white ground, topped with a white-out sky, a blur of school colors, in constant motion on the track and inside of it, refreshes my soul.  Even though the last snowfall was just four days ago, today, the grass on the field is magically green.  I don't believe in magic, but that word seems to fit.  The grass everywhere else is still a dead-brown.  Looking out my back door, you would think spring has been here for a while, and I couldn't be more grateful.  The students practicing their track events seem grateful, too.  There's a big pile where coats and backpacks have been thrust aside, and even though the air is a bit chilly, t-shirts, shorts, and sneakers adorned by these young men and women give them the freedom they need to compete.  I hear cheering and shouts of support.  It's a new season.  Best of all, Easter is this Sunday, a little later than usual, and like the late arrival of spring, there is hope in new life. 
My latest photo, "Crinoid Star", is perfect for today.  It's the first one of a series of green glass (for the green grass in the post).

No comments:

Post a Comment