Thursday, April 3, 2014

Yes, Honey

There must be something special about honey for it to be so important in the Bible.  The Promised Land was described as flowing with it, and John the Babtist's diet, along with locusts, consisted of it.  Currently, the news of a bee shortage has implications beyond a lack of honey, affecting many other food sources.  Some studies even show how to achieve relief from allergies by consumption of honey made by local bees (rather than importing it from elsewhere).  Personally, raw organic honey is worth its weight in liquid gold for another reason.  If you're familiar with my earlier posts, you know of the difficulty I've had with acid reflux.  Guess what?  One teaspoon of local honey, labelled "Raw Organic", taken first thing in the morning and again right before bedtime has taken away the painful symptoms that I used to get after eating something acidic.  As long as I don't overeat to the point that I literally feel too full, I can eat whatever I want; this includes drinking coffee.  (Huge smile)

You know I'm not a doctor, so I would never say that honey will work for everyone the way it has worked for me, but if you do suffer from acid reflux and would like to try something natural, honey's the way to go.  In the beginning, you may need an extra teaspoon during the middle of the day if you have heartburn.  Remember that too much of anything is never a good thing.  Two to three teaspoons a day should do it.  Also, you've probably read that children one year and under should never have honey, so check with a doctor before trying this with young children.  As for us adults, why take yet another side-effect-filled medication when there are options?  And did you know that honey never spoils?
Petoskey stones are fossilized coral that lived 350 million years ago.  I chose this photo not only because of the honeycomb-like pattern of the fossil, but also for its age.  Remember?  Honey never spoils.


No comments:

Post a Comment