Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Change is Good



Writing is as relaxing to me as knitting is to others, so what's with all of the avoidance behaviors?  My ten-minute bike ride turned into twenty, then I drove the car across town for just one item.  Having a strict rule against the latter, and doing it anyway, showed me it was time to sit down and write my post before I do something I really regret.  But as I turned on my laptop, the mood just wasn't right.  As much as I treasure the little space on our upstairs landing, where words usually flow from my keyboard, I desperately needed a change of venue.

Looking around for electrical outlets in this old house wasn't a problem; there are several.  Today, though, choosing a place to plug in felt like work to me.  I just wasn't, as they say, "feelin' it".  In the back of my mind were some words I had heard recently on the radio, "Sitting is the new smoking, in regards to healthy living".  That thought cut the possibilities down considerably.  So I headed out to the garage.  Something about setting up in my husband's man-cave gave me a boost of energy.  I really woke up when I remembered he had just installed a new window facing our morning glories.  To top it all off, the window is high and horizontal with a shelf right below it.  To work there, I had to stand up.  Love it!  Not only was I able to write semi-outdoors with a beautiful view right in front of my face, I also got to think on my feet.  It was refreshing!  And now, I'm done.  Change is good.

I chose this photo, "Lightening Stone", because I don't usually photograph all colors of beach glass together.  I usually have a color theme, but change is good sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment