Wednesday, March 19, 2014

BEANiTOS

Every now and then I find myself doing a free commercial for a product that I just can't keep my mouth shut about.  This post is one of those times.  A friend gave me a bag of "BEANiTOS Original Black Bean Chips with Sea Salt" to try.  The bookstore she manages ran out, and she had one bag left.  With my first bite, I was intrigued.  With two bigger bites, I was hooked.  Then after turning the bag to the back, what I read sent me straight to my car to find more.  Here's why:  BEANiTOS are an American made gluten-free, cholesterol-free, super tasty chip that has no MSG, no preservatives, and no trans fats.  The first ingredient listed is black beans, followed by whole long grain rice, pure sunflower and/or safflower oil, guar bean gum, and sea salt.  That's a mighty short list for a whole lot of flavor that is also certified low glycemic, kosher, and vegan.  A serving size is 12 chips, and with that you'll get five grams of fiber and four grams of protein.  I wasn't able to find them in my small town, so I went to www.beanitos.com.  With this link, finding where BEANiTOS are sold was easily done, and I'll be heading there soon.  

Did I mention that if I had had my eyes shut with my first taste of BEANiTOS, I would have thought they were from a basket of home-made potato chips at one of my favorite restaurants?  It's true.  I was bamboozled by black beans.
This one is called, "Sea Glass Doodle with Ink Line Filter".  The dark colors on the bottom give you some idea of the color of the black bean chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment