Thursday, March 6, 2014

Color in a Box

It's a job that I dread doing, and yet, every six to eight weeks, I force myself to do it.  Sure, I could pay someone else to do it for me.  I could even stop doing it altogether, but I've tried that, and it wasn't pretty.  You see, there is no actual name for the natural color of my hair, and so I buy a color in a box.  The act of applying the new hue to my head is a real chore.  The mixture is smelly, it stings my skin, and it takes a long time to rinse out.  The most difficult step, aside from the timing so that my hair doesn't break off, is coverage.  I never know if I got the goop on all of my roots.  If you color your own hair, you know what I mean.  It would be easy to just empty the contents all over my noggin and lather the stuff up like shampoo, but no, that would be hair-suicide, too many chemicals too often.  So to save a few bucks (more like $50 to $80),  and when I can no longer stand to look at the dark stripe down the center of my scalp, I do my own roots.  It may not be much to write about, but it was the topic in, and on, my head today.  Count yourself blessed if you're happy with your hair.
This one is called "Merged Brown Bottle", but doesn't it look like "Color in a Box"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment