Thursday, March 27, 2014

Think "Thaw"

Who would have thought there would still be this much ice on Lake Michigan by the end of March?  Parking on the bluff today just doesn't give me the same sense of infinite space and freedom that I usually experience when the lake is all liquid.  Confined to my car by the cold, the sun shining through the window provides a false sense of warmth that is somewhat enjoyable, but the lack of movement upon the water's surface causes me to yearn for a quick thaw.  In its current solid state, there are no glistening diamonds dancing on top.  Still, I consider myself blessed to see the reddish sandy ice hills that remind me of what Mars might look like.  It is a peculiar sight, one that most tourists will never see, and that's why I've included this photo instead of a beach glass or rock shot.  So if that's what you clicked on this blog for, I hope you're not disappointed.  The seasonal changes you've witnessed in this picture are sure to bring lots of new treasures to the water's edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment