Thursday, May 8, 2014

It's Been a While

What's this?  I vaguely remember this happening before.  It's been a while, though.  Tomorrow, some will say they were beginning to think it would never happen.  Ah, yes, it's all coming back to me how great this feels.  Not everyone will agree with me; some will complain, but I've waited long enough to be rid of 30 degree wind chills.  It's the second week of May, and I am loving this, our first warm night of spring.

The sun has ducked down below the horizon, but there is just enough light left in the sky to see some other signs of spring that accompany a warm night.  One of them is a bat.  On my balcony, I'm at eye-level with it.  Normally, the bat's erratic flying would give me cause to perch elsewhere, especially when I noticed that I could even hear the wings flapping.  Instead, I stayed put and played a game of "chicken" with the creature of the night.  It payed off.  I consider myself the winner because the bat didn't scare me away, and I was able to gaze at the half-moon, smell someone's late-night supper, and with the evening traffic thinning out, was able to hear the first spring peepers.  Best of all, was the breeze.   It was warm.  It gently pushed my hair back away from my face and told me to close my eyes and enjoy it.  How could I not?
This is an old beach glass (with a dry-brush filter) photo that I had forgotten about.  It's appropriate for this week's post as it is called, "Warm One".

No comments:

Post a Comment