Thursday, May 22, 2014

Sweet Dreams

Before your weary head hits the solace of your pillow each night, it wouldn't be unusual to think about the things and events that made you thankful.  Included in that list would also be people.  It goes without saying that we are thankful for our loved ones, but throughout the course of the day, did someone positively effect your life, not for personal gain, but out of decency and kindness?  Perhaps it's the constant barrage of bad news in the media that causes me to be amazed when someone goes out of their way to be helpful.  I don't know.  I do know, though, that while in that state of marvel, I want others to see what I've seen in these beautiful people.   

Please don't take this as an advertisement, but in this week's post, I'd like to thank some dear souls who have helped me with my endeavors in the art world.  Didik Soekarmoen is the owner of Macdonald Drug Store in South Haven, Michigan.  He, along with Nancy and Holly, have encouraged me by showcasing my note cards right next to the main cash register at the jewelry counter.  There are tons of wonderful gifts in Didik's shop, and he didn't want my pictures to be unnoticed among everything else that's going on.  I would have been grateful for a spot in the back, but he was willing to take a chance on me, and I just want Didik to know how thankful I am.

Next, there are the cheerful ladies of the South Haven Center for the Arts, Thea and Emily.  To see their excitement over the sales of my little books and cards, one would think they are related to me!  It is such an honor to get to know these talented and dedicated women.

Last week I wrote about the upcoming art show at Eclectic.  John and Nancy have been incredibly supportive.  I am so excited to work with them!

I'd also like to thank Gloria from the 12 Corners Winery in Benton Harbor, Michigan.  She purchased sixteen of my note cards for the winery, and I hope to make it over there to check it out.  I already know how marvelous the wine is from my visits to the South Haven branch. 

Not to change the subject, but as a conclusion, tonight, if you should have trouble falling asleep, try recollecting the details of everything that happened during the last 24 hours that touched your heart or made you smile.  Before you are done, you'll drift away and catch your zzzzzzzz's.  If not, at least your mind will be on good things, and when sleep finally does fall, your dreams will be sweet.
This one, "Spartans" (for the team colors of green and white), will be featured in a frame at "Eclectic" on May 31st.  

No comments:

Post a Comment