Saturday, June 18, 2016

Mystery Stones

After much time spent looking for pictures of some of the rocks in this week's collection, I've still ended up with some mystery pieces.  They are the four in the lower left corner (although, I'm sure that because of the stripes and hardness, that two of them are some kind of metamorphic rocks, I just don't know the minerals in them).  The top one in that group could be some melted glass over stone, and the other?  I don't know.  

Then, there are the greenish and blue ones on top.  I'd appreciate help with those, as well.  The pink one next to them looks like it contains feldspar, but I wouldn't stake my life on it. The rest of the pieces going clockwise from there are: Petoskey stones, lightning stones, a chain coral fossil, two honeycomb coral fossils, a small pipe organ coral fossil, and two heart-shaped rocks of some kind.  Above the mystery pieces you'll see a good collection of crinoids, a decorated ceramic shard, and a nicely shaped chunk of pure quartz (I didn't see any other minerals in it).

Concerning the sea glass, my husband found the unusually dark aqua piece that I really like, and there is an old brown bottle shard that has some interesting lettering on it.  Also, many of the pieces are quite large, so it was a good week for beach blessings!

P.S.  Yesterday, I noticed that an ad to the right of my post was not something I would ever recommend.  That doesn't happen very often, but when it does, please know that it is out of my control.  Thank you for your understanding.

Today's Inspiration for Healing   from Psalm 103:1-5  (NLT)

Praise the Lord, I tell myself;
with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, I tell myself,
and never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.
He ransoms me from death
and surrounds me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things.  
My youth is renewed like the eagle's!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment