Friday, June 6, 2014

Bladder

Trapped in the middle of a table of 11, with five people on each flank, I couldn't get out of luncheon formation to use the bathroom.  We were seated in a large booth in the back, so even if my bladder had been comfortable, it wasn't like I could see everything going on up front.  The meal had been enjoyable, though; who doesn't like a meeting that includes lunch and dessert?  But it also included iced tea, and considering my position at the table, I should have declined the beverage.

Next up, the entertainment, and as in most cases of bathroom urgency, I hoped my mind would be taken off  the pain.  Something funny would do it, but not too funny; belly laughter wouldn't help the situation.  And short, oh please make it short.  Who was I kidding?  Long, short, funny, boring, none of that matters when you are at the brink of bursting.  Plus, if truth be told, earlier, an undetected raw onion had managed its way into my digestive system and was now adding to the misery.  I love onions, but due to the gaseous effects they have on me, I never, ever eat them in public (Too much information, sorry).  As I sat there, my eyes searched the room for signs of others having the same problem.  No one wants to be rude, but if even one person would break down and get up, maybe I could, too.  Again, who was I kidding?  If I got up, five other people would have to stand up and scoot over to let me out.  I was stuck.

Forty-two minutes beyond what I thought was my breaking point, I was finally able to leave the table.  That whole experience, alone, would have been enough to teach me a lesson on choosing my seat for next time, but I'm sure you've guessed that the bathroom was full when I got there.  With almost 100 women in attendance, it couldn't have gone any other way, so the lesson continued as I gingerly walked quite a good distance to my car.  Thankfully, I didn't have far to drive.  Fortunately, there are no accidents to report regarding the car or my pants!  

As for the sea glass picture I've chosen for today, it has nothing to do with the story.  I had too much coffee this morning, and for obvious reasons, the topic took a turn.

Have a great week end.

No comments:

Post a Comment