Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Unlearning to Drive

Picture your life without driving.  To complete this image, bear in mind that I didn't say to picture your life without a car, or without the ability to drive, you still know how.  Visualize your car in your garage, and your driver's license in your purse or wallet, but here's the clincher; your keys have been hidden from you.  First, they were taken away, and then they were hidden.  Even though you've never had a speeding ticket or an accident with your car, you've been told you are no longer allowed to drive.  What hurts even more is that the person saying this to you isn't an enemy or a stranger; it's your spouse or grown children.  If you can imagine how you would feel to be the victim of such a scenario, with the betrayal fresh in your mind, turn it around and consider how it would affect you to be the one causing the hurt.  If you could hear me now, my heavy sigh would give away which role I play.  It's not always easy doing what's best for the ones you love, and if they can no longer remember how to get home from one block away, be ready to cause some grief.  My loved one is grieving for her loss of driving rights.  It's like losing a dear old friend.  Being a part of this makes me sad.
This photo is called, "Glass Mountain".  I've read that faith the size of a mustard seed can move a mountain, so I'll just keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment