Thursday, July 18, 2013

Beat the Heat

As a resident of a beach community, it would seem reasonable and probable that my way to beat the heat would be to, literally, jump in the lake.  Sounds good, doesn't it?  But, oh my, until the day comes that I actually live on my own parcel of sandy shoreline, I must weigh the journey against the outcome.  Whether I choose to ride my bike, walk, or drive has everything to do with what I pack and carry.  And what about my feet?  Support and comfort are must-haves for a long walk.  Slippery shoes won't do for bike riding.  Score one for the car.  These doggies are too hot to smother with sturdy shoes. 

Packing.  No matter how I get to the lake, once I'm there, will I wish that I had remembered to bring an umbrella?  Some lotion?  A chair, snack, hat, something to put my hair up with, some water, hand sanitizer, and sunglasses?  And how nice it will be if I actually bring a pencil to go with my Sudoku book. 

Winning the battle against the unbearable heat isn't easy.  Sometimes, we get hotter just by preparing to get cooler, but if you could see what I see when I finally arrive at my favorite beach in South Haven, Michigan, you'd probably agree it's worth it.  



 
This one is called, "Hot Day in August".  I know it's only July, but it still seemed like a good choice for today.  Stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment