Thursday, July 4, 2013

South Haven Fireworks

In my small resort town of South Haven, Michigan, you could tell something big was about to happen.  As "Parking for $5" and "No Parking" signs magically appeared like unwanted weeds in a garden, I felt sorry for the visitors who would find parking difficult.  The goal was to park as close to Lake Michigan as possible and, hopefully, in a direction that would provide an easy late-night escape.  

The third of July fireworks extravaganza always brings thousands of tourists and residents to the shoreline, and last night was no different.  It didn't matter that we celebrate a day early.  People around here know where to go for the absolute best sky show.  Even though the $33,000 worth of 200 mortars and rockets were shot over the lake, you could swear they were right over your head.  And with each "Boom!" and the display that followed, you hoped that it wasn't the last one.  But 28 minutes flew by, and it was time to go home.  

As for my daily sharing of a beach glass photo, I hope you will enjoy one from my "flipped and merged" collection called, "Green Chips".  I chose it for its fireworks-like symmetry.


No comments:

Post a Comment