Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Test

Have you ever tried to buy a house that you really, really wanted?  Did you pray about it?  Not the "Please help us get this house" prayer, but the kind that asks God to guide you to do what He wants you to do?  My husband and I have been told, "no deal" on two houses this summer, and now, I am beginning to see why.  Circumstances that I'm not going to bore you with have lead us to house number three in our search.  Before our appointment to go through it, though, I read from Psalm 4:4 to "Think about it over night, and remain silent."  The verse was regarding anger, but I felt in my heart that it was talking to me about the house we were about to see.  We should, unlike the previous houses, make no immediate offer.  We should think about it over night.  The house ended up being much better than we could ever have imagined, and we knew that we wanted it, but if this was a test, we intended to pass it with flying colors!  So the only decision we could give was no decision. 

Night came, but sleep did not.  The 9:00 am meeting with our realtor couldn't happen soon enough.  With a new listing, chances are pretty good that other people will see your dream house and make their intentions known if you don't sign right away.  But morning finally arrived, and after a boat load of paperwork, the seller and her realtor knew we wanted the house.  We would receive her answer by 8:00 tonight.

The phone rang.  No one ever calls in the evening, so it had to be about the house.  From here on out, all I have to say is that God is so good, and when He speaks to us, we should listen.  I'm glad we did.  We passed our test.  


No comments:

Post a Comment