Monday, July 22, 2013

The Big Round Table

Certain things you want to remember, and some, you don't.  Yesterday was a day of "do's".  I will forever want to remember how it felt to go to bed knowing that my daughter and her husband were sleeping comfortably in our guestroom.  Wine tasting and dinner downtown, as well as the walk there and back, with some shopping in between, sealed a smile on my brain.  But as I'm going through my day with yesterday on my mind, I keep coming back to the image of a big round table.  You see, on my daughter's second day of her visit, we were joined by her childhood friend, who only gets to see her during one of these priceless journeys home from Tennessee.  A few hours later, my son came with his wife and son to join us for lunch.  Here's where the big table comes in.  It was the first time we have ever sat together for a meal at the same table.  That may not seem like a big deal to most people, but it has sunk deeply into my heart as a top priority in our search for a new home.  I don't want the "big table feeling" to just be a memory.  If you have already read last Friday's blog, you know that my husband and I are house hunting.  Well, this new "must-have" will probably narrow our search, and that's okay.  Fond memories can be revisited, but I'm looking forward to making new ones.


The title of this photo is, "Beach Blessings".   Family and blessings are synonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment