Monday, July 29, 2013

Freedom

AGLOW International began in 1967 with just four women.  Today, 46 years later it spans the globe.  The regional conference that I attended over the week-end included members from four states: Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky.  Having been before, and knowing what to expect, I was more than excited.  I was needy.  You see, AGLOW's goal is to restore people to a radiant relationship with God.  It may be difficult to picture what that looks like, and may even sound a little scarey to some people, but once you've experienced the pure warmth and joy that comes from praising and learning about Jesus, you want more.  You want the holes in your soul, from past hurts and mistakes, to be filled, because a patched-up "soul hole" no longer needs to be tempered by things that bring us down.

While the world would have us believe that belief in Jesus is confining, the truth is, we become empowered!  We are free.  We are no longer captives of anxiety, depression, hurt, and unforgiveness.  We're free to give our troubles to God, instead of being imprisoned by trying to figure out what to do.  Another incredibly liberating feeling comes from hearing how much God loves each one of us individually.  He knows our thoughts and our dreams.  He understands us.  He knows how we have sinned and are going to sin. Yet, when we ask Him to forgive us, He does, and then He totally forgets the sins.  However large or small, they are gone from His thoughts.  Wow.  Who else do you know who can do that?

As I was leaving the conference yesterday, my thoughts went to my blog.  I knew I wouldn't be able to say everything there is to say about AGLOW, because I try to keep my daily posts short.  So here is where I'll close for now, but as I continue to chew on what I've been fed, look for future nuggets on how to be free in Christ and aglow with His love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment