Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Jeans and a T-shirt

The birds didn't wake me up today.  It wasn't because I slept more soundly than usual, nor did the neighborhood cat scare them away.  Instead, for the first time this summer, it was actually too cold outside to keep the windows open all night.  I simply didn't hear the birds.  So when I woke up totally rested at 7:00 a.m., I poured my coffee and joined my husband on the deck.  But before my first sip, I had to turn around and go back in.  My usual deck-sitting, caffeine-sipping attire for this particular morning was not going to keep me warm enough.  What followed, though, felt like a hug from an old friend.  Ahhh...........jeans and a t-shirt.  After a couple of sweltering hot months without them, getting reacquainted made my day.  Know what I mean?



Even though there are a couple of store-bought pieces in this composition, it is still one of my favorites, and that is why it is called, "Best Blue" (just like blue jeans).

No comments:

Post a Comment