Wednesday, July 10, 2013

It's All Relative

Have you ever heard, "One person's junk is another person's treasure"?  While this saying deals with actual things, I've been noticing how we can also relate this to situations.  I think it was Joyce Meyer (and I may be wrong) who said, "There are a lot of people who would love to have the problems we have".  It's understandable that people who can't find jobs would love to be overworked.  Or how about the kids who have to be constantly rewarded with incentives to do well in school, while around the world there are children who dream of being allowed that precious privilege.  Maybe you'd like some more "alone time", while your neighbor wishes her spouse had more interest in being in her presence.  For me, I wish my kids would call more often.  In fact, that has had me down in the dumps more than just a few times.  Then today, as I listened to a friend's woes about her grown child who still lives with her, and the other one who can't afford medical care without her help, it hit me.  What if my adult children called me constantly to get them out of trouble?  Or to complain about their horrible lives?  The truth is, they are highly respected, well-liked, hard-working adults who still say, "Love you" at the end of our conversations.  And, yes, with busy jobs and commitments, those conversations don't occur often, but they do happen.  So, I guess that's a problem I love having.  It's all relative.

 
I'm thinking today's photo of beach rocks and sea glass is self-explanatory.  Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment