Friday, August 2, 2013

Coffee Again

Coffee, here I go again about coffee.  While I still carry a deep affection for my first morning sip, and every delightful one that follows, I've been forced to switch from "high-octane" to "why bother".  In other words, from the darkest, strongest caffeinated coffee, to a regular run-of-the-mill decaf.  Sure, I still add delicious additives to my cup. I wouldn't want to change too many variables.  I want to be absolutely certain that caffeine is bad for me before I give it up for good.  I'm almost hoping I'll still have gastric troubles and heart palpitations without coffee, but then the sensible part of me takes charge and says I'd rather give something up than go on a myriad of prescriptions.  So for now, I'll just be thankful for the unzappy substitute, and be glad that there is such a thing as decaf.


This waved photo of sea glass is perfect for today.  The coffee colors, along with creams, sugars, and mocha flavorings are a little too much on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment