Monday, August 26, 2013

Miley Cyrus

Soon after I turned on my laptop, Miley Cyrus appeared on this morning's headlines.  The next shot in the slideshow of pictures was Will Smith and his family.  Their faces caught my attention before the text did, as each one had a look of horror and disgust.  Their emotions came while watching Miley perform at the MTV Awards.  Given the chance to see the actual performance by a click on my computer, I decided against it.  I read  the paragraphs that followed and was saddened by the writer's words.  Does Miley truly think that shocking us with over-the-top sexually suggestive routines proves to the world that she is, "all grown up"?  Huh?  Really?  Well, as wack as that may be, on the other hand, it sure was refreshing to see the Smith family's reaction to it all.  Not everyone wants what Miley has to give.    


This sea glass photo is called, "Blues in Hiding".  I wish some of today's performers would keep some things hidden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment