Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Inspection Day

Ticktock.  In 15 more minutes, I'll be allowed back into my house.  The buyer's home inspector has been there for over three hours, and I'm fighting hard against feelings of paranoia.  "Does anything in the house not work?", after a pleasant greeting, those were Mr. Inspector's first words to me.  He took me off-guard, and I had to think about it.  "No", I replied, not 100% sure.  Even now, I can't think of anything major that could be wrong with our little house, other than it is super small.  That's the reason we're selling, after all. 

It is now 12:37.  Seven minutes past the safe zone.  I can unplug my laptop from the library wall, and finish my business at home.  I hope everything went well.  I hope that no matter the outcome of the inspection, the buyers still want to be the buyers, and that they will love our house as much as we have.  

Ah, the logistics of real estate.............



The title of this sea glass picture is, "Chimney Smoke".  I'm choosing it for today because our little house has a beautiful fireplace, and we're going to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment