Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sounds at the Beach

The yellow flag was flying at the beach today.  With its place in the middle, between green and red, it signifies a small sense of danger combined with the okey-dokey to go into the water.  I'm more of a green flag swimmer, so I set up camp on the hill overlooking the day's excitement.  Sure, it's a beautiful sight, but closing my eyes brought a whole new level of pleasure to my senses.  Oh, the sounds.  Have you ever stopped what you're doing to be still and listen?  You most likely have, but go a step further, and literally count the sounds.  It forces you to listen beyond the first few, and with the yellow flag flying, there were many more sounds than three.  The crashing waves slapping against screaming children were the obvious sounds.  Seagulls going berserk over breadcrumbs and popcorn could be heard over radios and boats.  But I could actually hear happiness on the beach today.  Laughter, applause, encouragement, all involving activities among friends and loved-ones in the water and on the sand.  It makes me glad I live here.



No comments:

Post a Comment