Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Teeter Totter

Remember those scary plank-on-a-fulcrum playground rides?  Uh-huh, the ones that could either result in giggles and fun, or a bitten tongue and a bruised tailbone.  It was all a matter of leverage and trust when you boarded a teeter totter, because it took two people to make it work.  If the other person got you to the top too suddenly, you flipped over.  Now and then someone would do a hasty dismount from the bottom, sending the partner crashing down.  Either way, you can see why we don't find too many teeter totters in parks anymore.  And, yet, while I did suffer the consequences of a few rides gone bad, I survived.  We all did. So, I guess, when I compare my up and down ride in the world of real estate to a teeter totter, I should probably remember that I will survive.  My husband and I do have each other, and no matter how hard moving may be, it will be worth it.  I don't think we'll want to get back on that ride again for a while, though.


I chose "July Glass" for the pieces that are teetering.

No comments:

Post a Comment