Friday, September 20, 2013

Appreciate the Effort

It happened again; another person boldly declared that she would get tired of living so close to a football field.  So as I sat on the porch with my breakfast, I gave that remark some thought.  Then came the runner, the same one that runs every morning from 7:30-8:00.  Sure, others use the track around the field, as well, but this guy is faithful to his routine.  If my husband and I happen to be on the deck, he usually waves at us.  The thing is, he doesn't appear to be having an easy time; it looks as though there is a considerable amount of effort involved in his laps.  If you think about it, everything that goes on at that football field and track requires effort.  There are many words that we can associate with the activities occurring behind my backyard.  Most people would include, "competition", "sportsmanship", "teamwork", but I'm really liking the word, "effort".   In a world where I see adults going out for fast food in their pajamas, I appreciate having a daily view of effort.  Whether there's a team or a lone runner, their effort is refreshing to me, and I will never get tired of that.


After putting a little extra "effort" into making this one look solarized, I thought it would be a good choice for today.  It's called, "Green Chips, Solarized".

2 comments:

  1. Don't be bothered by critics. I love all the sounds involved in Friday night football games! It is the sound of fall. It is the sound of our youth. Who gets tired of that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete