Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Dreaded Cleaning

The seemingly never-ending saga of moving continues, and in three more days, the house we have moved from will no longer belong to us.  Too exhausted to produce a post, I shall at least tell you how I got that way.  It comes down to one word, "cleaning".   First, there's the refrigerator with its fragile glass and plastic pieces that slide apart, and as such, getting the crumbs and gunk out of the countless crevices took me an embarrassingly long time.  To not get bored, I switched rooms for a while and attacked the bathtub.  It's amazing how what first looked clean took on a whole different appearance when I put on my reading glasses.  Ugh!  Sometimes, I wish I could just let go and not adhere so strongly to the Golden Rule, but I must, I must, I must do unto others as I would have them do unto me.  I appreciate moving into a home that is ready to live in.  Period.  So after cleaning only the refrigerator, tub, and later, the stove-top, I am now "looking forward" to finishing the rest of the house.  My fingers are telling me that it might be a good idea to wear gloves tomorrow, and could we please stop typing and just go to bed? 
Good night.


"Emeralds and Lemon Drops" is the name of this group of beach glass.  There were no emeralds in our fridge, but there were a couple of lemons.   Close enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment