Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Plans

Isn't it funny how the plans we make for ourselves, while well-intentioned, don't always end up being the best plans?  Working, again, until I drop, was the plan for getting our old house ready for the new owners.  Instead, a dear friend stopped by on her way home, and I began the process of removing the urgency from my day.  Something about moving into an old farm-style house and sitting on the porch with someone I care about had changed my perspective on my priorities.  At least for today, the goal of rushing to do this and rushing to do that was put on a back burner.  Way back.  After showing her through the house, my friend and I took our time exploring decorating ideas, sharing a snack, then touring the neighborhood on foot.  By 11:30, I was alone and ready to get to work, but with a huge difference from yesterday.  Today, I was refreshed; I was singing a tune.  With new energy, I was able to get more done in a few hours than I had planned for the entire day.

If anyone out there is working themselves into a frazzle, try changing your agenda.  In the morning, do whatever it is that you have been wishing you could do, if you just had the time to do it.  Yes, do that first.   Then, carry on with your plans, and smile. 



This photo is called, "Holiday Sea Glass".   Take a holiday today, even if it is just for a couple of hours.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, it was a wonderful way to start the day! :) The house, the neighborhood, and the owner are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete