Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Not Too Sharp

Have you ever been scammed?  I just opened an e-mail from a good friend and was horrified to read that she had been mugged!  She was asking for financial help to pay the hotel bill so she could come home from the Philippines.  I'm embarrassed to admit that I was actually worried about her!  After praying for her, I called a mutual friend to see if she had received the same news.  Sure enough!  There it was!  Thankfully, she had just spoken to our friend the day before, with no mention of vacation plans, so we knew it was a scam.  If this ever happens to you, check with the person involved, or anyone else who would know what is really going on, and do not send money.  It's a shame that we have to be on the look-out for crooks using our feelings, for people we care about, to make a buck.



This photo's title is, "Too Sharp"; that is exactly what I was not, when I first read today's scam.

No comments:

Post a Comment