Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sheer Confidence

Are you a portrayal of sheer confidence?  I'm not.  It seems that every opportunity that comes my way is attached to a struggle.  Nothing can be decided without second-guessing myself.  Will I be good enough?  Will others be okay with my words, my looks, my presence?  What if I do something "wrong"?  I almost made a decision today that would have kept me from all kinds of wonderful possibilities, but with the help of my husband, I'm moving forward.  Instead of making excuses for quitting, I am remembering why I should keep going.  If I mess up, well..........., the world will keep spinning, and probably the only one bothered would be me.  Besides, my lack of confidence actually shows a lack of faith, and since I've always had strong faith in my God, I'd better start showing it!


"Cool Blues" is the name of this sea glass picture.  Maybe we should all stop trying to be cool, and just be ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment