Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Toes in the Sand

Rummage sale week is almost over.  Everything is priced and in its place.  The doors open at the First Congregational Church in South Haven, Michigan precisely at 9:00 am.  So why is the title of my post, "Toes in the Sand"?  If you are retired, but find yourself busier than before, you'll understand.  I was sorting through some blouses, to make sure they were all worthy of the designated rack and hanger area, when it hit me.  I desperately needed a 10 minute vacation.  The urge to touch the sand with my toes was strong, but I knew it would be a while before I could make it to the beach.  Pushing away thoughts of, "This may be the last warm day of fall" and "If I miss this chance, the sand won't be warm again until May", I concentrated on the job at hand, rummage prep. 

Finally finished, relief for my tired, aching feet was made possible by riding my bike just a couple of blocks west of the church.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh.  The sand is still warm.  Not only does it feel good, but burying your toes in the sand forces you to take a mini vacation, not moving, just relaxing.  So if you're having one of those weeks, where there is barely enough time to even sit down, I hope you'll be able to put your toes in the sand, or water, or someone's loving hands, and just smile.


 I haven't found nice pieces of beach glass like these in a long time, but the sand is always there:)

No comments:

Post a Comment