Monday, September 30, 2013

"Show Towels"

Are you on a fixed income?  Do you appreciate ways to spiff up your home without spending much cash?  After moving into our new home (111 years old),  I noticed that cleaning and painting weren't going to provide the make-over I wanted for the bathrooms.  My same old dingy towels didn't help either, so I bought new ones at the local big box store.  Feeling surprised at how inexpensive they actually were, I picked up a few extra.  Folded nicely for one room, rolled for another, I strategically placed the towels where they looked more like decorations than something to use.  Today, though, while sorting my laundry, I was disappointed to see how raggedy the new towels looked after just one washing.  You can probably see where this is going.  Yes, I did say to myself, "Well, I guess we will never use the new towels; they'll just be for show."  Thus, the title, and now, my bathrooms will always look pretty with accents of "show towels".



The colors in this photo, called "True Blue", are similar to the colors in one of my bathrooms.  I do like that sea glass theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment