Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Up on the Roof

Oh, that husband of mine!  You should have seen him!  Not a carpenter by trade, his six-foot-seven-frame all crouched under a short overhang, he spent his day removing old siding and replacing it with new.  I'd say, for not really knowing what he was doing, he did an excellent job!  For him, it was all work as he repaired that area above our porch, but he didn't mind the hours he had put into it.  He felt as though he was healing this old home, and it was worth the aches and pains in his bones.  For me, it was all fun as I climbed out on the roof with him for a beer, some chips, and a whole new view of the neighborhood.  It was cozy up there in the trees, almost like a secret tree house.  If you have a roof with a section that's not too steep, give it try.  I'm hoping we'll go out there again.


This one is called, "Stuck".  If you go up on your roof, don't get stuck up there!

2 comments:

  1. I saw him up there! I agree with the feeling of "healing" an old house. Every time we repaint and calk and patch, I feel like we have preserved it for another year. Roger says that it is like the Mackinac Bridge. By the time you have painted all four sides it is time to start over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, and I love the Mackinac Bridge, so I'm fine with that!

    ReplyDelete