Friday, October 11, 2013

Beach House for Sale

What makes a house worth $2,450,000?  Maybe you own one.  I do not.  I can, however, answer my own question, because I sat in such a house this afternoon.  Okay, my station wasn't in the actual house; I was sequestered to the garage as I took tickets for #31 in the Parade of Homes Tour, but twice, I took a break to go inside and dream.  It wasn't the six bedrooms and four and one-half baths that made me drool, or even the 4,119 square feet of perfect colors, light, and space.  My breath was taken away by the ability to see Lake Michigan from most parts of the house, as there were windows everywhere. It was obvious that the interior decorator had a true gift for using items made of driftwood and stone, which meshed perfectly with the views.  Instead of the typical beach house colors of blue and white, the rooms were earthy and warm, causing a contrast to the blue of the water to really stand out.  The furniture gave a sense of nature.  I imagined the house at night or during a snowstorm and thought that even if it was too dark to see the water, and too air-tight to hear the waves, I would still know the house was on a beach.  So there's the answer, three words, "on a beach".
This one called, "Hearts at Sunset" goes so well with the beach house I saw today.
Have a blessed week-end.

No comments:

Post a Comment