Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Right Jeans

Is it possible to get jeans that fit, or is that just a media myth?  If you're on a budget like I am, and you don't have an infinite amount of money to spend where ever and on what ever you desire, can you really find a pair of jeans that fit?  The ads on TV, on-line, and in fliers and magazines make the answer to my question appear to be positive, but I don't think so.  I recently picked out a new pair of jeans while shopping for groceries (which tells you, again, of my small budget), and thought I had hit the jackpot.  The tag on the front showed a younger woman in the same style, with a belt, a nice blouse, and some boots.  Well, in the fitting room at the store, I didn't have what was needed to complete that image, so I bought the jeans on faith, that with the right combo, they'll look good at home.  Okay, I'm home.  What's wrong with this picture?  Even with one of my better blouses, a good belt, and my favorite boots, I still look like I'm wearing the dreaded MOM JEANS.  Ugh!  All I wanted was some jeans that won't show my underwear every time I sit down (or worse).  I also get tired of constantly yanking on the waist to pull up my jeans that, for some reason, want to creep the other way.  Why is that?  I know they're the right size; I don't get it.  I don't have an ending for this post.  Any suggestions?


This one is called, "Pair of Hearts", chosen because I've often wondered why pants, of any kind, are referred to as "pairs".

No comments:

Post a Comment