Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Matters of Heart and Hair

While braiding my hair today, I couldn't help but notice how much less hair there was than usual.  It's not because of anything I'm doing to it.  My braid is a loose French style, and I don't do that every day.  I try to brush carefully but still end up with a ton of hair either falling out or breaking off, I'm not sure which. You would think that my molting season would be just before summer, not winter!  Thankfully, this has happened before, so I'm able to stay calm about it.  It seems that during stressful times, my scalp doesn't care if I have hair or not.  If you've read this month's posts, you know that I have a loved one who has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease; few things are as stressful as this.  I thought I was doing a good job of doing what I can, and letting God do what I can't, but apparently, my hair doesn't agree.  In the grand scheme of things, it's not my hair that matters.  Miracles happen every day, so I'll keep praying for my loved one.   No more worrying, I'll keep my faith and my joy, and hopefully, my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment