Monday, October 21, 2013

Food Processor to the Rescue

Several times I've sat down today to write my post, but to no avail.  Among the many things cluttering my mind, the urge to use my new food processor was at the top of the list.  With a recipe for cream of potato soup in my pocket and ingredients unloaded from the grocery bags, there was an excitement, I'm not familiar with, keeping me from concentrating on anything else. 

No one who knows me would utter the words, "good cook" when describing my positive attributes.  There's just no way to convey how lacking I am in the kitchen; then came the food processor.  Not owning anything fancy like that, I borrowed one from a friend.  I had to!  If you've ever tried to chop cranberries, you understand the urgency.  So, after all of my adult years of contributing to potlucks and bringing my pot home full, imagine my surprise when the cranberry foods I had prepared were a huge success!  Yup!  Nothing but empty bowls and trays!  That was last week, and I'm still a little giddy! 

My food processor potato soup is, now, simmering on the stove.  With that done, cooking up this post was a cake walk.  

This one is called, "Egg Drop".  I didn't put eggs in my soup; I just thought the white beach glass looked like potatoes.  Enjoy your dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment