Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Kalamazoo Civic Theater Earworm

You know something has made an impression when it gives you an earworm.  According to Wikipedia, an "earworm" is described as a "stuck song syndrome".  If this has ever happened to you, then you know what I'm talking about.  I've never actually counted the number of days that any particular song has played over and over in my head, but I think I may be approaching upon a new record number with this latest tune.  I go to bed with it, wake up with it, and am cognizant of it throughout the entire day.  If I didn't know better, I'd say I was being paid back for saying, on my way to the theater, "There's no way I'll enjoy a civic production of Les Miserables as much as I loved the movie".  Well, even though the cast of the Kalamazoo Civic Theater's rendition of Les Mis consists of unpaid actors and actresses, their performance far surpassed my expectations.  Even now, I'm shaking my head and wondering why those talented singers are not richly famous somewhere.  Three days later, I'm still in awe.  Kudos to that fine group of men, women, and children for giving their God-given talents away for free.  If only I could get rid of this earworm.............. 

It was an easy choice today.  What would a stage production be without stage lights?  This beach glass picture is called, "Amber Lights".

No comments:

Post a Comment