Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Is It Really Alzheimer's?

Do you have a story to tell about a loved one with Alzheimer's disease?  So do I, and if you are facing what I am, you have many stories.  None of them, if taken seriously, are funny, but I hope you will try to laugh now and then.  I also hope that you have had a thorough investigation into the meds that your loved one is using.  Many seniors are seeing such an array of physicians, that they are finding themselves over-medicated and addicted to drugs.  Add to that the dangerous combinations caused by a lack of clarity and communication, and your loved one may be displaying symptoms that mimic those of one with Alzheimer's.  This is not a commercial, but I was told at a caregivers' support meeting that Mayo Clinic is a good place to go to get the medications straightened out.  That's what my loved one needs; are too many pills or the incorrect usage of pills causing the symptoms?  All I know for sure is that I don't want to wake up one morning with my family member lost out in the cold somewhere, so it's worth looking at every possibility.  In the meantime, I'm going to do my best to not dwell on the negative, and as always, pray.



 Can you believe that I actually have a picture of beach glass called, "Clear and Cloudy" for this post?  (I'm hoping to always have a clear mind.)


No comments:

Post a Comment