Friday, October 4, 2013

Stage Fright

The pressure is on.  I've joined a writing group.  This isn't a faceless, anonymous list of people represented by profile pictures the size of a thumbnail.  These are writers who actually get up from their desks, get in their cars, and drive to the Scott Club in South Haven, Michigan to share their talents with other authors.  Some have been published, others are just beginning their craft.  Everyone has their own style, interests, and subject matter.  To me, they are the definition of bravery, because even though they may have been a little fearful of sharing their work, they did it anyway.  I did not.  I was not brave.  Memories of my mom saying, "Shame on you!" are blocking any creative juices I may have thought I had before the meeting, so today's post will be short.  In the meantime, dear blogging world audience, if you could help me choose which posts to read aloud at future meetings, I would be ever so grateful.  


Quite appropriately, this is called,"Shy One."

No comments:

Post a Comment