Monday, October 14, 2013

Dog Poop

Is there anything good to say about dog poop?  Unlike most things that are useful, along with some things we dislike but still serve a purpose, dog poop makes me cringe on many levels.  It is not useful.  Outside of the obvious grossness of our yard being turned into a toilet, the number one reason I get upset at finding "number two" left on a sidewalk is the lack of consideration.  Does the dog's owner ever consider how people passing by, or worse yet, through the mushy, stinky pile might be affected?  Do they even care that when a dog's stools get stepped on, it is really difficult to remove the remnants from the bottoms of most shoes?  And who wants to sit there and smell the poop as you carefully try to pluck it out of the treads with a toothpick?  A powerwash might work, provided that your shoe is waterproof, but what if it isn't?  I'm sorry to go on and on about such a thing.  Maybe you've managed to live your life with dog poop radar, but I have not.  I've scraped more than my fair share of other people's dog deposits off my shoes.  I would like to see people do what my husband and I do with our dog.  It's really quite simple.  Before taking her for a walk, we make sure she's done her business at home, in her own space, where we will clean it up.  Then, we go on our merry way, and instead of the walk serving as a bathroom break, we can all enjoy it for exercise and togetherness. 

That's my scoop on poop.
This one is called, "Swoop".  I'll bet you can guess why I chose it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment